Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Refuse - Self Improvement Not for Self But For Giant Crab

If only my lungs could vote. Each needless breath I take fills me with more guilt than air. It is worse than sin to make my organs expand when the exoskeleton of giant crab stagnates at a barely accelerating increase in mass. When my stomach growls in hunger my mind growls in rage. The selfishness of my body is enough to make me sick. But this sickness, justified as it is, only increases the waste. Giant crab should be pinching clouds not shingles, and here I foolishly spend my time struggling with myself.

For the last few nights I have wrestled with this torture, with the pain of knowing that while my mind has submitted to his glory, my body resists. What could be done? I eat, I sleep, I drink, and thus both my time and my resources are not given 100%. My dreams have been filled with self-loathing. I regret the slightest tone in my skin, knowing that the foolish sun has spent its rays in the wrong place. Where was the answer? Of course it lay not with my body - but with my mind.

In a dream giant crab appeared to me, his majestic cephalothorax towering above me in resplendent glory. He turned his pincer and there lay a collection of books. I saw Euclid's The Elements, Darwin's The Origin of the Species and all the shabby works of human science that men in their arrogance so revere. Giant crab made a movement and I smiled knowing that he would destroy them as I know even now that someday he will. But their destruction lay not in his pincer's crushing grasp. Giant crab consumed man's science, and I awoke in a cold sweat knowing the answer.

There is no comparison between man and giant crab. Insignificant does not even begin to describe how a human being compares. But giant crab does not waste like men, and even refuse like our civilization can be taken advantage of.

So I call all men of science, throughout the nation, to join our cause. Bioengineers, geneticists, physicists, mathematicians, all men of science - I call upon you. Man is wasteful, for if even one calorie of our energies is not spent giant crab than our lives are undeserving. So we must improve our bodies so that our breaths go to the crab, that our slumber energizes only the crab, that each morsel of nutrition burns not in the fire of our bellies but in the fire of the march of our master.

A VOTE FOR GIANT CRAB IS A VOTE FOR A BIGGER CRAB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home